March 1, 2008
Garrettisms Archive
"Mom, just turn on a show, fix me a quesadilla and go take a nap." (Oct 2009)
"Holy mashed potatoes!" (Oct 2009)
"Mom, can we just please turn TV off? It uncontrols my brain and all the noise just makes it hard for my brain to work." (Oct 2009)
"I'm a big brother so it doesn't really hurt when Chance just plugged me in the eye like a pacifier." (Sept 2009)
Dad: "Look John Elliott, a cow! Garrett: "Hahaha. Look, John Elly ate a cow!" (the Bennions will appreciate this one) (Sept 2009)
"Chance is ready for preschool now. I saw him sit criss-cross-applesauce last night and that's what you learn in preschool." (Sept 2009)
Garrett: "Maw-om, why do you want me to wear a shirt that has one of these on it (points to the collar of his polo shirt) to school? Shirts with these are for church." Mom: "I just want you to look nice and they are not just for church." Garrett: "But Mom, I don't want to look nice; I want to look cool!" (Sept 2009)
"Mom, I just did 10 push-ups to exercise my brain. That will help me play my Star Wars video game. Did you know push-ups are great exercise for your brain?" (Sept 2009)
"When my tummy gets really full like this, I look like Grandpa!" (Sept 2009)
"That ride just eats my underpants!" (After the Scrambler at Hershey Park.) (Sept 2009)
"Now my brains are so scrambled!" (After the Super Dooper Looper at Hershey Park.) (Sept 2009)
"You know what mom? The first day on the bus, I kept sliding off the seat when the bus would stop. Yup. The bus would stop and I'd just fall right off my seat! I don't do that anymore though." (Day 3 of Kindergarten.) (Sept 2009)
"Mom, why are you just giving me a courtesy laugh?" (Aug 2009)
"I am such a great fisherman!" (Aug 2009)
Garrett: "Mom, why did you put squash in my dinner?" Mom: "Because you like squash." Garrett: "Yeah, but don't you know it's one of my YUCK favorites to eat?!" (July 2009)
"Well, I prefer that my dad is right and mom is wrong." (July 2009)
"Please bless Owen that he will have fun in Columbia and bless his racetrack and his basketball hoop that they will find his new house." (July 2009)
"First it was raining; now it's sunny. It sure is a good day to be a flower." (June 2009)
"I love ham! If the whole world was made of ham, I would just eat the whole world!" (June 2009)
"Mom, can we buy some suction cups so I can climb up the wall with them?" (June 2009)
"Don't worry Dad, a little rain won't ruin the best camping trip ever!" (May 2009)
"Yeah mom, but do you know what the recipe for pollen is? You get some butter, cheese, 150 fruit leathers, bees, 2 croutons and when you mix those all together, that's how you get pollen!" (His response to my explaination of his itchy allergy eyes & nose.) (May 2009)
Mom: Did you know our friends Jen & Troy are coming to visit us? Garrett: But mom, Troy's in California. Don't you remember that's what he decided! Mom: Not Troy Bolton. A different Troy. (I promise he's only seen HSM3 a couple times!) (May 2009)
"Just a smidgen please." (May 2009)
"I've got loads and loads of snot in my nose." (May 2009)
"My illustrations are so beautiful." (Said about some of his drawings from preschool.) (Apr 2009)
"Did you know worms are still ok even if you break them in half? I learned that today at preschool when we played outside." (Apr 2009)
"My favorite thing to do is just hang out with you sometimes. It's just fun to hang out with our baby Chance too." (Apr 2009)
"You're my best dad ever!" (Apr 2009)
"I always wanted our baby to have a new toy for Easter!" (Apr 2009)
"Mom, do you know how many licks it takes to get to the center for ancient coins? The world may never know." (Apr 2009)
"Next we're going to read the Old Testament. Do you know how old it is? It's the oldest testament there is. It's even as old as Grandpa Norm!" (Mar 2009)
"I'm sorry mom, but I have to apologize to you and my esophogus." (His way of confessing that he swallowed a lego.) (Mar 2009)
"You're going down, Mom! And I'm going up!" (His attempt at trash talking while we were updating our march madness brackets.) (March 2009)
“I hope you enjoyed me today, because tomorrow I get on the airplane.” (Feb 2009)
Mom: Do you want to go ride the train today? Garrett: No thank you. I’m going back to bed. (And he did. We didn't think it was possible, but we wore him out!) (Day 9 of our trip, Feb 2009)
Great Grandma Bennion: What do you want to be when you get older? Garrett: A grown-up. (Feb 2009)
"Aunt Barbara is the most beautiful valentine on Valentine's Day!" (Barbara's Wedding Day, Feb 20, 2009)
"Can we go skiing everyday for all the days and nights?" (His first skiing experience was obviously a success!) (Feb 2009)
“You have lots of nose hairs Grandpa Norm!” (Feb 2009)
“Grandma, I’m so proud of you!” (Said to Grandma Cathy after opening his birthday present. It was just what he'd asked for.) (Feb 2009)
"Why is soup so soggy?" (Jan 2009)
"Uh-oh. I think that guy looks like he has the gimmies!" (Said about the man standing next to us at Costco while looking through the dvds. For the record, I think the guy did have the gimmies.) (Jan 2009)
"Look mom! Jon & Kate plus 8 are here too! See their van?!" (Said at the DC temple visitor's center when we parked next to a big dark blue van just like Jon & Kate's.) (Dec 2008)
"It startles my tongue!" (Said after drinking grape soda.) (Christmas Eve 2008)
Mom: Garrett, do you have a runny nose?
Garrett: No. My nose is just walking fast today. (Fall 2008)
"Is today a Fast sunday or a Slow sunday?" (Fall 2008)
"Me and Ian got in a 2 boy accident and Addy got hurt." (Fall 2008)
"You're just upside down." (Apparently this is when he doesn't like what you said or did.)(Summer/Fall 2008)
"His [Baby Chance] mouth looks like a sea plant."(Aug/Sept 2008)
"I won 12 Gold Medals at the pool today!"(August 2008)
"Mom! I want to watch the swimming lesson race!" (I love that he is already brainwashed and loving the Olympics!) (August 2008)
"Yes Indeed!" or "Not Indeed!"(mid-late 2008)
"Don't be sad mom, it's just a Monday!"(Summer 2008)
At our friends' new house in the country (they back to a horse pasture and there is a field of cows across the road), Garrett was running back and forth as fast as he could with arms outstretched and mouth wide open. He stopped in front of us and excitedly said, "I just ate the wind!" I guess country wind tastes different than suburb wind.(April 2008)
"Am I sitting on your bladder?" to Grandpa Norm. (This was while he was obsessed with the Magic School Bus book/show about the Human Body. He was so curious about where everything actually was. We had many discussions about the differences between boys and girls during this time too--always in public restrooms of course.) (Spring 2008)
"Why do Grandmas and Grandpas have so many wrinkles?"(Spring 2008)
"Mom, you lost your brain!" (The day before I made a comment about losing my brain and had taken my headband off. Thus, Garrett made this comment the following day when he noticed I didn't have a headband on.) (Spring 2008)
"Fanonening!" Any guesses? Hint: Garrett's favorite part of Monday night...Family Home Evening.(age 3-4 years)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment