When I was little, our pet hamster disappeared a couple weeks before before St. Patrick's Day. We couldn't find him and I was so devasted that my parents came up with the story that the leprechauns took him to use as a "horse". As payment they left a pot of "gold" (rolos) for me on St. Patrick's Day. Every year I set out the pot and they filled it with gold. Last year I found a similar looking pot and thought it would be fun to start the tradition with Garrett--minus the missing hamster, of course. So I was thrilled that Garrett came home from preschool on Monday so excited for St. Patrick's Day! He couldn't wait to build his leprechaun traps and see what kind of a mess they would leave. I felt a little guilty because he was so certain that he would catch the leprechauns. Fortunately, when he came running into our room the next morning he was thrilled with the mess the leprechauns had left in his room, Chance's room and the family room. The pot of gold under one of his traps helped ease the disappointment of not finding leprechauns in the trap.
In addition to all the regular St. Patrick's Day fun, we also get to celebrate our niece Kemmer's birthday! She was born exactly 1 month after Garrett and they've been our 2 chunky monkeys ever since. (Both born in the year of the monkey and both chunky babies--not so much any more.) Luckily, they love to be together whenever we get the chance and have so much fun together!
Garrett & Kemmer 2004 & 2009...
...and in between!
No comments:
Post a Comment