March 25, 2008

Easter Grass...seriously!

I would love to know who invented Easter grass! Then I could ask them what they were thinking?! I cannot remember ever having an Easter basket without it and I have personally bought it for at least the last 10 years, but this year I can't help but laugh at myself for continuing the Easter grass tradition. Believe me we have gotten many laughs this year thanks to this random substance that is something between silly string and plastic static cling. I even helped a friend dig through the pillaged Easter aisles at Target on Saturday--with many other desperate parents--all in search of the last 2 bags of Easter grass. On Sunday, as Garrett emptied the contents of his Easter basket, some of the grass made its way onto the carpet. But later the grass exploded all over his room. It's amazing how quickly a small pile of grass can grow when helped by a 4 year old's hands. Jeff and I laughed at the mess and enjoyed the fact that Garrett was having fun with everything in his basket. Garrett became annoyed by how "sticky" (static cling) the grass was and was also amazed at how "all of a sudden it's just, like, everywhere!" With the house for sale and an appraiser coming this week, we are in constant clean mode but one thing continues to elude our cleaning...Easter Grass! We have cleaned and cleaned but it's still there. It follows us around the house like a puppy dog. It seems to be reproducing and growing out of the carpet, the wood floors, the beds and even the walls! It's forever stuck between our toes and somehow ended up inside the feet of Garrett's clean pajamas last night. Poor kid. We thought he was just stalling when he said his toes kept tickling each other and that was why he couldn't fall asleep! Then I finally realized...Easter Grass! If only we could make the grass in our yard grow so quickly and easily!