June 17, 2008
Count your Blessings...
Disclaimer: Don't read this if you're queasy! We've had a pretty good streak going. The only times Garrett has thrown up have been when we're visiting in Utah over the holidays--until now. A stomach bug has been making the rounds amongst our friends and this weekend Garrett got it! I woke up Friday night to his crying only to discover that he and his bed were covered! Thank heavens Jeff had gotten home from his week-long trip a few hours earlier! We tag-teamed the clean up and got through the night. Garrett kept track of the "throw-ups" all night and seemed almost proud of the total number. He even remembered which times he had made it to the bathroom and which times he hadn't. After spending a day in bed watching movies and eating saltines, Garrett seemed much better, but still stayed home with dad on Sunday. (We really didn't want to risk him becoming the kid who threw up in Primary!) Now the real reason for all this info is this... Sunday night, during prayers, Garrett said he was thankful for his 5 throw-ups because there weren't 6 throw-ups! And then of course he asked to bless the 5 throw-ups. Jeff and I were laughing so hard that Garrett's bed was shaking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Talk about looking at the bright side! What a cutie.
so cute. we need to see him!!!
the recipe is called Chicken Divan. I'll put it on the blog for you, OK? you're so good at remembering!!!
hope you're doing well. can we see you sometime this summer? i know schedules are crazy, but maybe when i'm down at my mom's for something... we'll chat :o)
Thats gross... but totally classic! I miss you guys!
I love kids prayers. They are so open and honest!
Post a Comment