One of my favorite things to do growing up was playing games! My brother used to give me presents like "I'll play 5 games with you" or he would use them as bribery if I caught him doing something he didn't want my parents to know about. In any case, I still love to play games and thankfully so does Jeff. It has been especially fun the last little while to really start playing games with Garrett! I don't know if it's in the genes or what, but he loves games! His latest addiction--yes, addiction--is SORRY! We've been playing it every single day! It's hilarious because he knows all the rules without even being able to read them--11- you can move or trade places; 10- forward 10 or back 1; 2- draw again--and he remembers them! Some of our friends have mentioned how they fudge the rules so the game doesn't last quite so long (sometimes over an hour!) but, as Jeff and I were laughing about the other day, we couldn't cheat on the game if we wanted to! Yes, we've created a bit of a game monster, but we're not very SORRY! (couldn't resist) because it's just so much fun! I'm not sure what makes Garrett happier--getting a Sorry card so he can bump one of us back to start or winning the game!
June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha! I true Bennion! I love to play sorry! Guess i better practise my skills before I come out!
i love it! my kids love the games like me, but kevin, not so much. we don't have sorry, maybe we'll have to have a 'game play date' with the boys. although i'm sure it would turn into some sort of wrestling match anyway.
Post a Comment