August 30, 2008

He's Here!

He's really here! Chance Tyler Bennion was born on August 14, 2008 at 6:54 pm. After 12 hours of labor, he dramatically entered the world with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. Thankfully, everyone in the delivery room worked quickly and we didn't have to wait too long to hear that beautiful newborn baby cry--which then of course grew louder and louder! He weighed in at 8 lbs 1 oz and was measured at 20 inches. (Although 4 days later at the pediatrician's office, he was 21 inches. Either a growth spurt or a mismeasurement? hmmm...) Garrett was so excited to meet his baby brother--he was giddy and couldn't stop giggling or smiling!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations! He's a really beautiful baby! Hope everything is going well!

Laura said...

yeah! checking your blog every day finally paid off! thanks for the birth details. and it was fun seeing the newborn pictures. can i hope that new posts will be coming soon? no pressure....

The Takemoto Family said...

Hmmmmmm... posted Aug 30?? I dont think so! :)
Glad to see you finally took the leap and published something that's been sitting in your draft box!

Emily said...

What a surprise! I got back in town and saw that you updated your blog--I'm so proud of you :)

What a cutie he is!

Amy said...

Hooray! You finally posted! I am so glad to see pictures of my new nephew!!! Promise me you will have a laptop ready at the hospital so we don't have to wait to see the next baby. (I know early comment since he is only a few months old, but it is never too late to plan ahead:)

Jodi said...

So cute! Loved all the pictures and updates. So sweet!