November 5, 2008

And the Winner is...

Garrett has come with me to vote before but this time I think he really got it. He took in everything from the alphabetized lines to the masking tape marks on the floor. He munched away on his bag of trail mix while he watched what everyone was doing. It was fun to be in "battleground state" even though the election wasn't as intense and down to the wire as the media was hoping for. (I wonder if all the anchors really did stay up all night to keep us informed?) Both speeches last night were fabulous but I especially loved President Elect Obama's speech. It gave me chills and filled me with hope for our country. I think his speechwriting staff deserves a big bonus! This morning I turned on tv hoping for recaps so I could show Garrett who won. As luck would have it, every major channel was replaying part of Obama's speech and Garrett was mesmerized. I told him that was who our new President would be in January and his reply was, "Mom, I think he's a good man." With tears in my eyes (can I still blame it on hormones or am I really just that emotional?) I agreed and thought, "I hope he's a good President too."

No comments: