November 30, 2008

Gobble! Gobble!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am a sucker for all holidays, but Thanksgiving is definitely one of my very favorite! I love Autumn and all the fun activities and crisp air and Thanksgiving just seems to be the culmination of all of that. Not to mention, it's the beginning of the Christmas season. I love Thanksgiving food; love to cook it and of course eat it! I love the statisfaction of making a yummy turkey. I love all the veggie side dishes. I love the smells. And, perhaps most of all, I love eating pumpkin pie at 3:00 in the morning the day after before I go shopping. This year we headed to our friends house, the Marcusens, for our feasting. There were several other families there too, so of course we had lots of yummy food and lots of kids! It was a great day! The kids mostly played outside the whole afternoon (except for Garrett who discovered the GeoTrax in the basement & wasn't interested in anything else the rest of the day--not even pie!) while we just relaxed, planned our shopping for the next day and watched football. It wasn't until we were almost done with pie that we realized we had not taken any pictures, thus the yummy pie picture. Thanks to Ryan and Shauna for hosting a fabulous Thanksgiving!

No comments: