April 2, 2009
April Fools! I Tricked You!
Our all time favorite April Fools joke is rubber bands around the kitchen sink sprayer. (I think everyone in both our families has been the victim of that one--including us!) Since we don't have a sprayer anymore, we had to move on. I have to admit I wasn't really into it this year until I talked to Mindy and heard all the fun they were having. It was contagious! Garrett came home from preschool ready to play all kinds of "tricks." The rest of the day was filled with phrases like "Mom! It's snowing outside! April Fools!" and "Look mom! I tricked you! April Fools!" Yeh, he's still getting the hang of it, but it's a start. He was having trouble going to sleep because he was waiting for Jeff to lay down and find the book he put in his pillowcase. I finally assured him I would tell him all about it in the morning. I am also proud to say I got Jeff good with soap on his toothbrush! His teeth got extra clean! My favorite, though, was hearing Mindy's daughter Olivia ask "Who is April Fools anyway?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ah yes. we still have bugs all over the place here. It's dying down a little, losing its novelty. So glad we could share the joy! Did Jeff ever get you back?
So that is seriously my favorite April Fool's joke ever, but we don't have a sprayer either. I definitely got my family plenty times while we were living in Ashburn though. Maybe next year.
I'm not sure why your blog never shows up on mine that you have updated. I guess I should just check more often!
Loved the story about Garrett and the Lego! So how did it turn out?!
This is hilarious! Love it. I think the kids trying out their April Fools tactics is the best. Picturing Garrett anticipating Jeff's head hit the book cracks me up! Sounds like you are doing well. Thanks for your comment on my blog today. We love and miss you guys a ton! Can't believe that picture of Chance sitting up. What a cutie!
Post a Comment