April 1, 2008

April Fools Day

What a great day April 1st is! No matter how honest you're being, everyone can't help but wonder if you are playing an April Fools joke on them. For example, this morning we heard news from our agent that the appraisal on our house did not come in as high as we were hoping. There was no doubt in my mind that she was being serious and would not joke about this, but when I called to tell Jeff, he did not have the same faith in me. Now I suppose I can understand his doubt, given our long history of April Fools jokes--everything from rubber bands on the kitchen sink sprayer to meatloaf and potatoes disguised as cake and fake pregnancy announcements (don't worry, not this year--but now there's doubt, huh?). After trying to convince him for 10 minutes that I was not April Fools-ing him, I finally decided to enjoy the April Fools benefit I was getting without even trying or planning! Announcing the sex of the baby today is our big April Fools plan for this year. Even if I tell you it's a GIRL, who's going to believe me on a day like today! Is it a girl? I think GIRL ended up winning the most votes, but as my brilliant friend Ellie (she really is a brilliant mathematician-did I even spell that right?) pointed out, the votes really have nothing to do with determining the sex. But it was fun to know what everyone thought! So thanks for voting and thanks for being excited for us as we prepare to welcome our new baby BOY! So, do you believe me? HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!

1 comment:

Sarah and Mike said...

Congratulations!!! I voted that it was a boy -- I just have a thing for boys I guess. We're happy for you!