April 20, 2008

Lil' Dude

For a long time now, Jeff has called Garrett "Dude" and sometimes lil' dude. As silly as this is, it has stuck and our friends love to point out that I also frequently call Garrett "dude". A few weeks ago at our ultrasound, Garrett and Jeff decided that since the baby was a boy, he would be "Lil' Dude" and Garrett would now be "Big Dude". (Seriously--do I live with Bill & Ted?!) Well, today at church when I picked up Garrett from his sunbeam class, I found out that these nicknames are here to stay--for now. Garrett's teacher, Curtis (Garrett still won't call him Brother Takemoto), had given the kids a pouch of Goldfish crackers as a snack. He said all the boys were talking about sharing the crackers with their brothers and Garrett said, "But I can't share these with Lil' Dude yet." I guess I can stop trying to figure out a name for the baby because apparently he's got one!

4 comments:

The Takemoto Family said...

Ahhhh - curtis wouldn't know what to do if Garrett actually called him Bro Takemoto! (it's better than the Webb kids who used to say their teach was Quasimoto!) :)

Amy said...

Dude that is a funny story! See you in a few days!!!!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Miller said...

Hey, I think those new names will make it easier for you to remember which one you are calling a few years down the road!