July 25, 2008
We're running out of time...
Last week I was emailing back & forth a little with a friend of mine from middle/high school, Amy. Ironically enough we were given the exact same due date for our babies and were joking with each other about surviving the summer. She decided that it was easier to take care of the baby inside herself rather than out, while I was all for getting the baby out! So, of course, what should happen--a few hours later her water broke and she had her baby! She assured me that if I just thought about how unprepared I was for this baby, it would be the lucky charm that would put me into labor...no such luck! Instead, we've now gotten panicky about how truly unprepared we are for this baby. (Jeff especially is panicked since he still has some traveling to do for work--before the baby comes.) So we have been going crazy trying to get prepared. A huge thanks to friends and family who are helping in our crazy efforts! The crib and mattress arrived today and the bumper pads were finished on Tuesday. We actually have diapers, wipes and bottles in the house again. Now if we can just figure out a name...Garrett sees no problem sticking with Lil' Dude. I wonder how that would look on the birth certificate? A big congrats to Amy and her family. We are very happy for you even if I'm a little jealous! Thanks for inspiring (scaring) us into action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I"m tellin' you... if Little Dude isn't this kids name, my girls will be DEVASTATED!!!! You'll NEVER convince them to call him anything else...
Post a Comment