"All I've read is a bunch of stuff about parents making their kids be good. Will this book really teach me how to do magic?" (After spending about 10 minutes reading the parenting book, "1-2-3 Magic!") (Feb 2011)
"You two are eating big, hairy, non-fiction salads." (Jan 2011)
"You know the big poles at school that the basketball hoops are on? I forgot they were there. But then I turned around and one of them reminded me that it was there. Then I had to go to the nurse twice so she could keep checking my head." (Jan 2011)
"Look mom! There is a Winter Wipeout! And it's not the Olympics; it's really the real wipeout!" (Dec 2010)
"If only I had gotten this drawing book when I was 4, then I would be a great artist by now." (Dec 2010)
"Look dad, I drew a picture of the present I'm giving you for Christmas. But it's a surprise so I can't tell you what it is." (He gave him Twister, so the picture was pretty obvious.) (Dec 2010)
Garrett: "I told Santa I wanted a joke book." Mom: "Joke book? That wasn't in your letter that you wrote to Santa." Garrett: "I didn't want him to get confused if I asked him for the things in my letter again. Then he might bring two of everything. So, I thought of something different." (Dec 2010)
Mom: "If you hurry and finish your homework, we can watch the last Wipeout from this summer." Garrett: "OK! But when will Winter Wipeout be on?" Mom: "Sorry, no Winter Wipeout." Garrett: "Oh, yeah. That was the Olympics!" (Sep 2010)
"I'm serious! As serious as Clark!" (can you tell we quote Christmas Vacation a lot?) (Jun 2010)
Garrett: "Knock, Knock." Dad: "Who's there?" Garrett: "Grape." Dad: "Grape who?" (mom & dad giggle at this.) Garrett: "Grape who. Hey, there's an owl in the shower!" (He obviously didn't get the Grape-who.) (Mar 2010)
"I'm wearing my Star Wars shirt! Nicholas and Jordan will be so proud of me today at school" (Mar 2010).
"Why's he talking so fast?" (during an exuberant testimony at church) (Mar 2010)
"Mom, I laughed so hard I peed in my pants a little bit!" (Feb 2010)
"Remember, Dunkin' Donuts is Grandma Cathy's favorite restaurant." (Feb 2010)
Garrett: "Why don't they get a trophy?" Mom: "Because they get a medal." Garrett: "That's all?!" (Feb 2010)
"GO! GO! GO! That's our American boy! Yahoo! He did such a good job." (watching the Olympics) (Feb 2010)
"I wish Chance would speak English like us." (Jan 2010)
"Do all Grandmas & Grandpas and Aunts & Uncles and cousins live far away?" (Jan 2010)
"Cheese and Julie Folly. Falalalalalalalala!" (Dec 2009)
Family singing: "...you'll go down in history!" Dad: "Like Bill Cosby!" Garrett: "What's a Cosby?" (Dec 2009)
Garrett: "When will we be at the Outer Banks?" Mom: "We're here. This is the Outer Banks." Garrett: "No. When will we see it and be there?" Mom: "This is it. All around us." Garrett: "No, mom. If we are still driving we can't be there." (30 min. later we pull up to the house.) Garrett: "Finally! We made it to the OBX!" (Nov 2009)
"These bananas just taste like eggenbergers all squished together." (Oct 2009)
"Holy macaroni and cheese!" (Oct 2009)
"Mom, just turn on a show, fix me a quesadilla and go take a nap." (Oct 2009)
Favorites at 13 months: playing-especially with Garrett, cars & trucks, Little People, blocks, stories & books, blueberries, Baby Mum-Mum crackers, saying "Hi" and "nite-nite", music, rides in the wagon, laughing and smiling
Really NOT so yummy beef and refried beans (He cried every time we gave him a bite!) :13 months
Not so yummy black beans & avocado: 13 months
Says "Hi!", "nite-nite" and "thank you": 13 months
Look! No Hands! (Stands up and balances without help!): 13 months
Pulling up on everything and cruising around: 12 months
3 more teeth all on top!: 12 months
Favorites at 12 months: playing with toys-especially cars, trucks & little people, Mom, Dad & Garrett, pounding anything--"drumming", music, Grandmas & Grandpas, exploring, pulling up on everything, swimming, rides in the wagon
Clapping (intentionally): 11 1/2 months
Yummy apricots & peaches-fresh from the farm: 11 months
Favorites at 11 months: playing with Garrett, Garrett's room, balls, cars & trucks, playing with my feet, sleeping, eating anything I can!, smiling, laughing, clapping
Monkey walk (on all fours): 10 months
First taste of bread--Grandma Sycamore's of course! (loves it!): 10 months
First time swimming: 10 months
2nd plane trip: 10 months
Crawling! Sometimes with one leg straight out to the side: 10 months
Yummy chicken and turkey: 10 months
Favorites at 9 & 10 months: scooting, smiling, laughing, zerberts, food!, toy cars & trucks, splashing in water, crawling, exploring, swings, veggie rice crackers, vanilla cookies, my family
Scooting and crawling on my belly: 9 1/2 months
Yummy cantelope, watermelon and apples: 9 months
Doing a sneaky "shift & scoot" move while everyone thinks I'm just sitting in one spot.: 9 months
3 comments:
Haha mine is elementary school... thats comforting considering I have a college degree. Guess I should have studied something more in Emglish!
This is cute! I was curious and found out I am a genius. Aren't you glad you are my friend?
I just took the test and got college--but undergrad. Oh well!
Post a Comment