August 1, 2008
Camp, Camp, Camp and--did I mention Camp?
I've never relished the idea of having a summer baby, especially now with Garrett to entertain. Well, this being the situation this summer, I was very uncertain about how I was going to feel and thus went a little overboard scheduling summer camps for Garrett to go to. (Heaven forbid he get bored!)
Let's see...there was Vivaldi and his 4 Seasons, Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake, a little Carnival of the Animals and Peter and the Wolf, topped off with some jazz courtesy of Debussy. Put them all together, add a dozen or so kids, 2 great teachers and a whole lot of fun and what do you have...3 weeks at Adventures in Music summer camp! (For more of the fun you can check out http://ouradventuresinmusic.blogspot.com/) There was also Miss Jamie's Summer camps which included art projects, race cars and a water slide that Garrett did his best to completely monopolize! (Huge difference from last year when he wouldn't set foot near the slip-n-slide.) Garrett developed a bit of an infatuation with Miss Jamie (our friend Penny's niece) who also babysat him once. He was pretty bummed when I told him she had to go home and wouldn't be around to babysit him more. One more Summer camp to add to the list--Vacation Bible School! (At the church where Garrett goes to preschool.) It was fun for him to see some of his preschool friends over the summer, but this being the only camp that was 5 days in a row, he burned out a little and didn't make it to all the days.
The summer camps definitely did their job--we stayed busy and the summer went by very quickly! Garrett seemed to enjoy it all too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment