August 12, 2008
Happy Birthday Jeffy Baby!
"Happy Birthday! Happy! Happy Birthday! This is your day to have a lot of fun...BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! We're all waiting for the celebration-for the celebration to begin! So, blow out the candles on your cake and make a wish--(blow!)--serve everybody's favorite dish, favorite dish! Happy Birthday! Happy! Happy Birthday! This is your day so Happy Birthday to YOU!"
Yes, it was Jeffy's birthday and I realized that we failed to sing the Aspen Grove birthday song--somewhat of a Bennion family tradition, although Garrett and I did sing! Thanks for all the other lovely verisions of happy birthday we got to enjoy--now if only we could transfer them from voicemail to our blog...hmmm...that would really be fun! (Good blackmail too!)
Jeff's co-workers planned a surprise baby shower/birthday party for him. Garrett & I even managed to keep it a secret. Unfortunately, someone at work spilled the beans when there was a scheduling mix up right before the party. Jeff was still surprised, just earlier than planned! It was a lot of fun and so nice of everyone!
Garrett opening one of his presents at dad's party and (below) Jeff showing off one of the custom-made onesies.
Jeff's birthday at home was pretty low-key (He didn't even have presents to open--I was hoping I would be in labor--bad excuse, I know--but I did get the piano tuned for him.) In spite of the completely pathetic birthday celebration, hopefully he knows how much we love him! He is an amazing husband, father and friend and is always doing so much for us! I promise we'll do better next year!
Jeff and Garrett during our "Happy Birthday" song.
Garrett just couldn't resist helping blow out the candles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment